Merchandising and occasional service gross sales improved in 2021, however remained beneath 2019 ranges, as a result of restoration from the pandemic, in response to a report by the European Merchandising Affiliation.
Based on a press launch on the report, the rise was pushed by modifications within the variety of machines and the variety of distributors, worth will increase and consumption positive factors.
This yr’s report covers 24 international locations and consists of expanded information for the coffee-to-go phase and a give attention to the UK espresso market.
- The full variety of machines throughout Europe has grown to 4.4 million.
- The Italian market once more counts the biggest subject base with over 818,000 machines.
- The variety of micro-markets throughout Europe is round 5,000 and is exhibiting spectacular year-on-year progress.
- The German market has a income of €2.5 billion ($2.43 billion), a 5% improve from 2020 and the biggest market by income.
- Progress in Ukraine from 2016 to 2021 was 15% for machine numbers and 20% for income, however ought to be learn within the context of the continuing struggle.
- Poland recorded a rise of seven% in machines and about 20% in income.
- Common promoting worth for a sizzling drink elevated by 4.7%
The complete 176-page research consists of one European report outlining continent-wide traits and 24 particular person nationwide experiences that embody roughly 20 pages of knowledge.
EVA members have free entry to the report and may request it instantly via the EVA Secretariat. Non-members might buy experiences by contacting EVA at firstname.lastname@example.org.